Tuesday, March 29, 2011

i took the hit, and now i'm try to...


chemo is tough, there is no two ways about it. it's not like a cold or the flu - you can't sleep it off, you can't work it off, you can't sweat it out - all you can do is wait and pray.

this morning i got about 3 times more sleep after my alarm than before it. the chemo makes my head hurt, makes my joints ache, makes me feel sick & tired, and makes it difficult to sleep. when i finally did get up, i fought back. i started with an injection of lovenox (prevents blood clots), followed it with a caplet of prevacid (prevent ulcers), then a tablet of keppra (prevents siezures), then a tablet of kytril (prevents nausea and vomiting), then a tablet of dexamethodrone (steroid that prevents brain swelling), then a tablet of immodium AD (prevents diarrhea). i will take another dose of most of these again later this afternoon.



i don't tell you all this to complain or garner sympathy. all the sympathy in the world won't change my situation 1%; but your prayers make a huge difference. i tell you all this so you can join me in prayer. please pray for me. i have much work that needs to be done, and i do enjoy eating and sleeping. i will be getting my next MRI on monday next week. my surgery will be scheduled soon after that. pray that i can keep moving forward. thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. don't loose the faith.
john

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer Tyler UngerMarch 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM

    John,
    You are in my prayers, cousin! I know we're miles away but I hope you can feel the prayers! I do believe in miracles and pray you are the receiver of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your GOD; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand...For I, the LORD your GOD, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Isaiah 41:10, 13

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18. Praying that God will surround you with his presence, and that he will carry you along and give you the supernatural comfort that only he can give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the Lord, the God of all mankind, is anything to hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27

    God can heal you. Do not give up. I am praying for you. May God's will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. April 4, 2011. I want to wish you happy birthday and let you know that I prayed for you today. I hope you feel all the love and prayers that have gone out for you today. God bless.

    ReplyDelete