YES!
Just got back from my sixth and newest doctor since the cancer first appeared almost 14 months ago. Long story short - no surgery! Of the two newest tumors showing since February, one has completely disappeared, the other is significantly smaller. So no impending surgery, no hospital, no extra time off work. Praise the LORD. The doctor says the new chemo treatments "have worked in dramatically good ways"; but I know better.
But let me back up. Monday was my 36th birthday. Every birthday has surprises.
One of the great presents I got this year was 24 hours of prayer on my birthday from over 100 people. Thank you each and every one of you - especially those of you who committed to the early hours of the morning - I know your pain well. I would like to call each of you out by name, but the bible says to pray in secret. I am praying our Father will bless each of you, by name, in ways that only He can.Thank you Father for this miracle. Thank you for these 36 years of life. I look forward to those to come. Thank you all for your prayers, encouragement, cards, and so on.
I feel I have completely understated this post. I'm still shaking with excitement. I'll post more later; but for now you get the gist of it.
John
SDG
I am rejoicing with you! Praise God for his goodness and His work in your life. I thought of your challenges with this disease and the chemo last night when I read Psalm 118: 13-14. It says, "You (the cancer, and chemo) pushed me violently that I might fall, But the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and song. And He has become my salvation." So thankful that He truely has been and will continue to be your strength throughout this ordeal.
ReplyDeleteCheryl Parker
Thank you Father for this good report!!
ReplyDeleteSuch awesome news! God is so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe GOD!!
ReplyDeleteGod is so good!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news.
Praise, thanksgiving, and continued prayers will be offered to the Father.
Dear John,
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news! We praise our heavenly Father with you!