Thursday, April 21, 2011

arise

today is the birthday of my favorite composer, randall thompson. today is also the day after the birthday of my favorite sister. today is also Maundy Thursday, or Holy Thursday, the day before Good Friday. tompson's most famous piece is below; it seems appropriate for holy week.



thank you all for your prayers two weeks ago. the chemo was rough; but i was able to go to work every day and made some good progress towards my projects. monday will be the next round, so please continue to pray for me.

my favorite thompson piece is below.




john

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the compliment. I continue to pray for God's complete healing in your life. I love you. --Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize we both had the love of choral music! Both of these pieces are incredible. I've sung them both in choirs over the years. Where did your love of choral music begin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was probably when i was in the atlanta symphony youth orchestra in high school. We performed thompson's "frostiana" with an allstate choir.
    i also played in the choir/orchestra at church growing up... fbc jonesboro.
    You could probably blame either:)
    John

    ReplyDelete