Tuesday, March 15, 2011

great moments are born of great opportunities

another treatment in the books. we didn't get the miracle we prayed for this time; but there will be other opportunities no doubt. the doctor said last week's MRI showed no change from the previous one. so it was off to the chair for 3-1/2 hours of chemo. yesterday, i did the avastin, irinotecan, and carboplatin. in two weeks i will do only the avastin and irinotecan. just less than two weeks after that i will get another MRI. the doctor said "i don't see any scenario after the scan that wouldn't include surgery" (read 'opportunity'). the surgery to which he refers is gamma knife radiation surgery which will take place some time in late april.yesterday did hold some small blessings. somehow i did lose 4 pounds since my last appointment two weeks ago. i did have a ride home from the doctor; and we did have good traffic even at 5:30. along with the three chemo treatments the doctor game me some pre-chemo medications to help me tolerate the chemo, so i wasn't feeling too terrible last night at all.

however, i was warned of delayed sickness associated with the chemo, and today it has definitely kicked in. i skipped work today and have been worse as the day has gone on.

thank you everyone for continuing with me in prayer. thank you Father for the events of yesterday, and today, and tomorrow. i pray you would give me the strength to make it to work and be productive.

john
SDG

1 comment:

  1. John, thank you for keeping us updated on your treatment and how you are doing. I will definitely continue to pray for you as you go through this next phase. I thank the Lord for the time he has given you and I both and every second is a blessing. I go back to Duke the 28th and 29th and we will be checking to see if I am tumor free still but I do believe that God has a plan for the both of us and I also believe in miracles. I try my best to be positive about it all but know that it is hard. Keep your chin up looking at heaven and have faith in God. I'm thankful for all they learn as the continue research in treating us. God's grace and God's blessing to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete