Monday, June 28, 2010

the pleasing odor's half the point

“Stabilization” is the word the doctor used to describe the MRI that I had on Friday. The computer system that contains the hospital’s imaging was down, but the doctor was able to view the radiologist’s report, which stated the most recent scan and the one I had done in April showed a ‘stabilization’ of the tumor. While I would have liked to hear there was a ‘regression’ of the tumor, I was happy to hear there is no ‘progression’ of the tumor. I’ll probably get the full skinny with my next visit, after the doctor is able to look at the actual images. For now I am thankful for what I can be.

‘Stabilization’ bought me another two week reprise from my IV-chemotherapy, Avastin. That in-turn bought me another triple dosage of my pill-chemotherapy, Temadar. So you win some, and you know the rest.

The last course of triple-dose I did roughed me up a little bit; so please say a prayer for me this week. I am armed with nausea medicine and some type of arm band things; but like Ps. 127 says, (and I’m paraphrasing (which I know is dangerous)) ‘unless the LORD is part of it, the work and efforts are done in vain’. So please don’t forget those prayers for me this week. I was out work four days this month because of sickness, and I am simply out of sick-time to be out any more.

I know prayer is not easy. Sometimes when a situation lingers or there doesn’t seem to be any positive change it is easy let prayer fall to wayside. Thank you to all that have had the faith and diligence to stick with it. I know that what blessings have come have been because of the intercession of my friends and family and intervention of a loving God.

John

5 comments:

  1. I am praying John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want FOP...I'm a Dapper Dan man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my mom has a GBM as well. She didn't not enjoy the Temodar too much so I can understand what you are probably going though. She is now only on the Avastin at least for the moment. Her counts got completely beat up with the chemo. My family and I are praying for you. We go to Dogwood and Don and Catherine told us about you. I hope your recent Temodar dose was a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks shawna, d/c had told me about your mom. my numbers have been messed up too, so i haven't had temadar since may. i start my next temadar dose on monday. i read this week that avastin is loosing its FDA approval for some cancers (not brain cancer though) so that should be interesting to see what insurance companies do with all that.

    ReplyDelete