Yesterday I went to my bi-weekly oncologist appointment. I was scheduled to have my bi-weekly dose of my IV chemo treatment Avastin. My blood numbers have been a bit screwy the last several weeks so I really haven't had my IV since May. So the long-story-short on that is my doctor has said he is not going to give me any more Avastin unless any of my future MRI's show worsening of my condition. He told me that the side effects of my chemo pills were enough for me to contend with for now. I find this to be good news. Despite my doctors complete emotional detachment, I think he knows what he is doing and wouldn't make such a decision lightly.

So speaking of pills, my monthly round of chemo pills will start Monday. The last couple monthly rounds have been a bit rough, and my doctor has given me some new nausia medicine. However, I would appreciate some prayer this coming week for it. I also appreciate your continued prayers for good sleep each night. I am able to get to sleep no problem, but usually wake up after about four hours and can't get back. The alarm hasn't caught me asleep in many nights.
Thank you to everyone for your continued prayers and well wishes.
john
now i lay me down to sleep
ReplyDeleteand pray the lord
john to take his protein pills
and sleep
Thanks for the update. Praying 4 U, man.
ReplyDelete'protein pills' will start tomorrow night, and the helmet is salvation (according to eph 6:17)
ReplyDeletethank you both.
jt
Don Cochran loves helmets. He will even wear one when driving sometimes.
ReplyDelete