So I’ve been dealing with nausea and vomiting the last couple weeks. I am at the point now where I certainly don’t know which medication or treatment to blame for things. When I saw the oncologist last week he didn’t really have much to say about it when I asked him. So I continue to enjoy a perpetual state of nausea and potential vomiting. I’ve lost 10 pounds in the last two weeks, which I think is due to lack of interest in eating mostly. I’ve also had some real trouble sleeping (or staying asleep) the last several weeks. Please join me in praying for these two issues – the sickness and the sleep. Both really take the jewel out of the donut as far as quality of life is concerned.
(Just as an aside, and feel free to comment as you see fit, but sometimes I really don’t know how far to take things as far as discomfort is concerned. I mean, is it okay to pray for better sleep? I wonder if Paul and Silas prayed for better food, or kinder guards or softer chains when they were in prison (not that it is the same thing as being sick). While I suppose there is no way to know for sure, I kind of doubt it. They probably recognized their situation as being where God wanted them, and accepted it for what it was. Maybe they even looked for the greater good that it may have accomplished. This gets into issues of suffering and God’s will, which we don’t have to do here. I do believe both go hand-in-hand at times; but I will continue to pray for relief from discomfort, hoping that any greater good can be accomplished without me being unable to sleep or eat.)
My doctor has ordered a new set of scans for me. If you remember the last MRI I had was at the end of April. It showed a slight progression of my existing tumor. This resulted in more intense chemo, etc. I am scheduled to get a new MRI a week from today on the 25th. Please join me in praying for this new scan. I would love to be able to report a significant regression of the tumor, or a disappearance of the tumor all-together. We’ve all been praying for healing and faithfully taking our poison (medications) so I am praying for clear and positive results to show for it. I won’t start making the rounds to see my various doctors for an interpretation of the scan until the following week; but it doesn’t hurt to start thinking and praying about it now. My oncologist has said he will set the amount of my chemotherapy going forward based in part on the results of the scan.
So a few things to pray about this week as we hurl through the calendar. Work is very busy also, and I am trying my best not to get behind. I will start teleworking one day a week in a few weeks, so that is a real blessing.
Anyway, thank you all for everything.
John
"Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you." I'm praying you get the very best sleep and eats in the next week.
ReplyDeleteMy experience with chemo is that there are many meds you can try for the nausea, keep trying you may find 1 that helps. Don't let the Drs. ignore your nausea and use your case worker thru your ins. company, they have alot of pull. I will continue to pray.
ReplyDeleteJames 5:15
John, I am praying for you.
ReplyDeleteMarty
Jesus himself asked God to take away the pain and He did resolve himself to God's will. He knew by faith that God would do what was best for him but he also knew he was miserable. My personal belief is it is OK to let God have it - He wants it all - the good and bad and He is certainly big enough to handle everything.
ReplyDeletePrayin' for ya John.
In my own experience the prayers that are most often answered are the ones where God gets the most glory and recognition. God's chief end is his own glory revealed.
ReplyDeleteWhile I'm totally with you in prayer that you would vomit less or not at all because I hate to vomit and its never a pleasant experience for me either, I have no idea how probable it is that God will answer our prayers. However I'm not saying don't pray for it though because if He answers our prayer even once and it gives you a moment of relief or He allows one less vomiting experience that would be worth it to me and I assume you would agree.
A prayer though with a high probability of being answered would be one like this. Heavenly Father I'm getting empty fill me with your strength. This stuff is nasty and smells terrible but express yourself through me like a pleasant perfume. Feed me Your truth and quench my thirst with your living water that can never be vomited from within me. Less of me and more of you.