Yesterday I started my June round of Temodar. As you may remember, I have been dealing with some blood clotting issues. These are mostly a side effect of the Avastran I take every other week. This last week was my scheduled week for Avastran, but the doctor has given me a respite from it for a couple weeks while we try to get the clotting issues under control.
Speaking of blood clots, my twice daily injections are going okay. They are not as bad as they would have seemed. The needle is no big deal, but the juice that comes out of it is a little rough - almost like getting a mini tetanus shot. All-in-all not too bad.
To make up for the lack of Avastran this week, my doctor has decided to up my Temodar dosage yet again. This week my dosage is over 3 times what it originally was. Last night I took my first hit and this morning I was as sick as I have been since this whole thing started in Feb. I stayed home from work today, and spent a total of two hours out of the bed the whole day.
This was only day 1 of my 5 day schedule. Please pray for me for the remaining 4 days; I don't think I can take very many more days like the last one.
Thank you,
john
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
John, I'm praying that your next four days are much better than the first. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying too. (Don and Catherine)
ReplyDeleteJohn, so proud of you - having been there I know how tough it is, but you've got the fortitude to lick it, so hang in there. Praying that the rest of the week is much easier and God be merciful in taking care of the sickness.
ReplyDelete