skip to main |
skip to sidebar
update and prayer requests
My first experience with IV chemo went well. It took about 2 hours. I just sat and listened to my walkman. After I was finished I had lunch in the cafeteria and lounged around the hospital until my radiation appointment. So it went okay, I didn't feel sick or overly tired, just a little bruised in the hand.
I do have some specific prayer requests if anyone is in the mood. As mo
st of you who know me know that I can be a bit of a worrier. My doctors have warned me to watch for a few things related to my treatments, so now every ache or thing different has me worried it might be one of those things. Some of the big side effects of my medications are blood clots, blood hemorrhaging, and infections. So I am praying that I won't have any problems with any of the above. I am also still having a bit of problems with the car, particularly finding parts for a now-defunct brand (saturn) even from GM dealers. So I am praying for a bit of grace and favor in finding the parts needed to fix the car.
Thank you all for your prayers and putting up with my ramblings. I appreciate it very much.
john
Wait, did you say you have a walk-man?!
ReplyDeleteOn a serious note, I will be praying for you, the potential side effects and your car. Blessings and peace be upon you.
Marty
What tape did you listen to on the walk-man?
ReplyDeleteAlways praying, brother.
my beloved sony ericsson w810i walkman.
ReplyDeleteIf you need a vehicle you can use my truck. You know how little I use it right now and that it sits 5 days a week. Let me know.
ReplyDeleteDerek
John, please know you have been in my prayers every day. I hope all goes well for health and car. I understand your car pain - couldn't find a new engine wiring harness for my '96 Mystique last year and had to give up driving her. Good luck! If there's anything I can help with, please let me know.
ReplyDeleteHi John - Have been praying for you through this, as the Lord bring you to mind. Lately we have experienced the greatness of God in our family - seeing what a good and caring Father He is... and I pray that for you, as you walk through what has to be so challenging. Gpd has your car, your brain, and your worrying personality in His hands... and He is bigger than them all. This Christmas we watched (in our Adult Bible Fellowship group at church) the Bethlehem Star - a DVD about a study this guy did about the Star of Bethlehem... and seeing the amazing order and power of God over what that man believes God did to make the star in the heavens... It reminded me, again, of the greatness of God. How before time He knew what would be happening, then, now, and in the future. It brought me a great deal of comfort as my little family has been through some things lately that have stretched our trust in God. I pray that same peace for you - the ability to trust that our Big God has all the details worked out.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bethlehemstar.net/
Kim Tweten