Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanks and happy 112th

Thanksgiving week has come to an end. As you may remember I took my double shot of chemotherapy this week. Thank you all for your prayers. The week was great. I am especially thankful for my brother, sister-in-law and kids who made the 10 hour drive down from Ohio. I know that was a lot of sacrifice. Thanks Don and Catherine for being accommodating to all of us. Thanks to all the cooks, official and impromptu.

Thank you all for your prayers for me this week (and this year honestly). So many times I have just had to say 'Father, whatever you've heard concerning me today, I concur.'

Tomorrow is a great man's birthday, and in honor of such I leave you with a quote from Clive Staples himself...

"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time - waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God - it changes me."

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. It WAS an unforgettable Thanksgiving! The best! Good food, phenomenal family...lots of love...what more could we ask for?? Continuing to have a heart of gratitude...Love, Catherine

    ReplyDelete