skip to main |
skip to sidebar
thanksgiving week
Yes, believe it or not, it's been another two weeks. Time flies when you're having fun I guess.
Things have been busy, but this
last week has been a good one. I had a great Bible study with my community group this week, our office Thanksgiving dinner was Thursday at lunch. I also had a nice dinner with friends on Thursday night (aside from the clown I guess). Friday I went to 'movie-and-a-message.' Movie-and-a-message happens once a month, it is where a group of men (usually about 10 or 15) from different churches in the area get together to watch a movie, eat pizza & wings, and have a general good time. The movies are chosen to illustrate a Christian message. This month's movie was Rio Grande (1950, John Wayne). It was really good. At the end of the night, the guys prayed for me. That was a real blessing. Later in the weekend I went to two different birthday parties, celebrated Easter Sunday, had dinner with a buddy from out of town, and I even got to ride my bike in the great November weather.
Tomorrow, I will be getting my 7th Avastan IV and will be starting my week long Temodar chemo (which it think is my 9th or 10th round of that). Please pray for me this week. The Avastan and Temodar are certainly a one-two combo. None-the-less, I am looking forward to a good week. It is Thanksgiving after all, and I have a lot to be thankful for. Thank you to all of you for your prayers, friendship and encouragement. Thank you Father for my family, and the family that is coming into town this week. Thank you Father that I can take three days off this week. Thank you Father for my church family. Thank you Father for good friends. Thank you Father for this life you've given me. Thank you Father that you hear our prayers. Thank you Father for your Son, your Sacrifice, and your Resurrection.
It was a fun weekend man. Hope you enjoy time with your brother and family this week. Still have a ticket for you to the Tech game this Saturday :) Will be praying for you this week.
ReplyDeleteGeorge