Sunday, October 24, 2010

take up yours...

Tomorrow is Monday, the first day in the next phase of my treatment. It was discovered a little over a week ago that I have a new tumor in my head, so tomorrow about 10:30 I will start a new aggressive chemotherapy regime. The doctor hopes this chemo will allow us to avoid another surgery.

I will be starting my normal week of chemo pills, Temodar, tomorrow. I will be going back on the IV Avastan that I quit using last June. And I will be starting a new IV chemo called Irinotecan. The potential side affects of these three combined treatments include blood clotting, blood hemorrhaging, insomnia, fatigue, nausea, dysentery, and 'severe immuno-suppression.'

We don't know how long the doctor will give this new treatment time to address the new tumor. While I am on the new treatment I would greatly appreciate some prayer:
- pray the treatment will work
- pray for no new blood clots
- pray for protection against infections
- pray for no blood hemorrhaging
- pray that will be able to eat somewhat normally
- pray that I will be able to sleep normally
- pray that I can continue to work
- pray for my family and I that we would not be given over to worry
- pray that God would heal me of cancer

I am so grateful for all my family and friends, for the church, and the blessings God has given me in the last 8 months. Thank you everyone, please don't forget me in your prayers.
John

4 comments:

  1. John, you've been on my mind quite a lot for over a week now. I've had some serious begging the Lord to heal you. People you don't even know have been praying for you as well. I want the Lord to heal you so badly, I keep asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing on the blog. Thank you for being specific in your prayer requests. I pray for God's healing in your life every day. With God, all things are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, You are in our thoughts and prayers today. We love you. We pray that God will surround you with peace, comfort and love as we pray that he will heal your cancer. Todaywe pray that you feel John 14:27 "peace I give you, my peace I leave you, so do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid"
    Matt, Tara, Ema and Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, I am praying for you every day and you will also continue to be on the prayer list at my church. Please do not give up - There are many people (and many you won't ever know) that are praying for you.

    Rita from the vanpool

    ReplyDelete