Tuesday, August 24, 2010

i got news for you, i wasn't hit by no train!

It was a truck actually. At some point, while I slept last night, a truck came in my room and ran right over me. I barely got a glance at the tag – Charlie, hotel, echo, mike, oscar. I would have given my right eye to have tried to sleep it off this morning, but such a thing is not to be taken lying down. Although I suspect this truck will show up again tonight, and for the next three nights, I am determined not to miss work this week (not that my determination is of much consequence either way, (unless the LORD builds the house the laborers work in vain) but the choice whether to persist must be made none-the-less).

The night started off so differently. The family that I lived with while I lived in England a few years ago was in town. We got together for dinner. Mom, dad, mother-in-law, and the three kids. It was great to see them. We ate at Chick-fil-A. They picked up on my friends’ accents right away and treated us like royalty. The family was given a tour of the kitchen (a bold move for any restaurant) and the kids got to make their own bowls of ice cream. If you are in the mood for some good food please go give the CFA in Tyrone/PTC next to Target a try. God bless them, they are good people.

Last night I also got a phone call from a friend of mine who used to be a coworker at one of my old jobs. He told me he had an interview coming up at the place I currently work and wanted some advise. It is good to hear from old friends, and even better to work with them. I was really happy to hear from him, and am praying that he will get the job. God bless him, he is a good man.

So last night was really a refreshing blessing. Thank you Father for your goodness. Thank you friends and family for praying for me while I contend with truck drivers the rest of this week.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment