Thursday, May 13, 2010

lazy senoia

Well, this is the first week in many weeks that I can remember not doing any type of chemo, radiation, having some sort of doctor’s appoint or some other commitment related to this thing in my head. I cannot lie; I am not the slightest bit disappointed by that.

Last week’s chemo treatment went relatively well, thanks in large part to all of your prayers no doubt. There was some of the usual queasiness, schedule adjustments, aches & pains, fatigue, etc, overall it was fairly uneventful. This week I continue to be fairly tired and am still plagued by (sometimes miserable) chemo sores in my mouth. So thank you again for your continued prayers.

Next week will be back to the grind a bit, medically speaking. I will get another bag-o-fun with my fourth round of IV chemo avastran on Monday. But no chemo pills this week, so there is that to be thankful for.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. It really means a lot to me to get your cards, and messages, and so on; and of course the prayer is invaluable.

john

2 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you, and will continue to pray for you with my fellowship group. I admire your mental strength and even stronger faith. God bless you and your family.
    Vita

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, Sherrie and Linwood Hodnett, our Big Island, VA plant are praying for you. Linwood had cancer on his tongue and is undergoing treatments - one more of each to go. He's lost 37 pounds because he cannot eat, but they stay positive and strong in the faith throughout. Praying for God to sustain you through this treatment and bring you through the other side with little side effects. May you feel the loving arms of your heavenly Father around you today. Let His promised peace be yours.

    ReplyDelete