Saturday, February 27, 2010

Round 1, last day, PTL

What a week of blessings this has been. I have just taken my last dose of chemo for this round (so I will be to bed very soon). So far I have not experienced any of the really bad side effects of the pills. I can only thank Jesus for that, and thank all of you for your prayers too.

On Friday this week my good buddy Keith, who works near the hospital that I take radiation at each day, tipped me off to a great 'Northwest Passage' route home that seems like it will help me avoid driving through downtown Atlanta traffic each evening. This is a huge blessing. So far the driving home from the hospital has been the toughest part of my treatments.

My radiation treatments continue to go well. They are quick and uneventful. I am not supposed to shave or get a haircut until they are over, but today I went to see my barber. This was a great blessing, he is a good friend of mine and a great believer. I got a very small trim in the back, which makes me feel a bit more human and less apelike. I don't think the doctor will notice, but we will see. I got to have some great Greek food today too, with some good buddies.

Also this week I got an unexpected visit from a pair of 'sisters' who left a very nice care package. Thank you both so much.

So, all in all, this week has been such a blessing and encouragement. Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you Father for your love. I am overwhelmed.

john

No comments:

Post a Comment